Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am sorry My Lord


It’s the time of Lent. We observe abstinence from non veg, sugar and many things as the penance for our wrong doings and sins.It is good to observe...

As I sat with Lord in adoration, he has asked me that, Why do you observe lent? I had the same reply which I quoted above. But suddenly another thought came in to my mind that, I do observe abstinence for myself or to satisfy my selfish motives. I do it for, as the penance of my sins, I do it for the sturdy growth of my spiritual life, I do it for further receiving of immense anointment of Holy spirit, I do it ,to obtain different version of divine mystical experiences and I do it to enhance the gifts of Holy spirit which He instilled in me.

I thought a while and have understood that, by observing these kind of lent, I am piling sins over my head. I did it for my own sake. As a human being who has redeemed by Christ, I should give priority to Christ. I should love him sincerely because he created me, he underwent crucification and died for me.

Ok, these are all highly spiritual matters and also we can argue that a simple common man may not understand its meaning and value in his personal life and so he may not behave as Jesus desires. But it should not be so in the case of a Christian.
A Christian should be a tower of prayer. Through prayer he fills with Holy Spirit. Then he can see how marvelously Jesus intervenes in our day to day life. Even a hair cut in the saloon also Jesus arranges amazingly. This is common in a believer’s life. That makes him to love Christ from his heart.

So he should thank and love Christ. There he never looks on his spiritual growth, he never try to become a well known evangelist, he never thrives for special graces and gift from the Lord, instead he asks for pardon and mercy for his sins and grace,in order to be a truthful slave of Christ always.

Even he never thinks of eternal life but he loves Christ without expecting anything from him as gratitude for all the help and miraculous blessing, he received from Christ. This is what Jesus wishes we to develop in us...Rest of the thing is the result of this sincere love to God...


Lord Jesus You remind me that, what a grave sinner I am. I never loved you. I thought all my spiritual practices were for you and now I have realized that, I did it for me. I believed that I am good.Oh God what a, shameful creature I am..Sorry for everything and please let me love you sincerely without expecting anything from you...Help me, please because you know that I am so weak…Amen…u r jeril…..

No comments:

Post a Comment